I’ve not had a lot to blog about lately as I’m still injured so still not running. However, there’s been a few things going on so I thought I’d do a chatty post as though we were chatting over a cup of coffee.
If we were having coffee…I’d tell you I’m going back to the classroom. Well sort of. Work offered a free course with at home learning. At the end we get a level 2 qualification in Common Childhood Illnesses. I’m half way through 2 out of 3 units and so far I’m enjoying it. It’s informative and giving me another string to my bow. The only down side is, it’s all handwritten! I’m not used to writing for long periods of time anymore!
If we were having coffee…I’d tell you a recently went to a 40th Birthday party. It was in a very cool industrial venue that was so unique. I’d love to have held an event there but sadly it’s been pulled down soon. The party was an 80’s theme so we dressed up and sang the night away. I had to chair dance though as this was a little while ago when my injury was still sore.
If we were having coffee…I’d tell you I’m still injured but very slowly making a return to exercise. I did 15 minutes on the exercise bike which was pain free. So a couple of days later I did an exercise DVD. I was tentative. I was scared some of the movements might hurt or aggravate my injury but again it was pain free. My injury feels 90% better now and the physio has told me there’s nothing else she can do but it’s knowing how to get rid of the remaining 10% now!
If we were having coffee… I’d tell you how excited I am that the heatwave is over. There’s one good thing about this injury and that’s that I’ve not had to run in this heat! I’m rubbish in heat, let alone trying to run in it. I’m very much an Autumn/Winter person. I don’t care if I’m running in the dark and rain. It does not bother me one bit. Look at these apples growing on my neighbours tree. A sure sign Autumn is on the way.
If we were having coffee… I’d tell you that Weight Watchers is working wonders for me. In 5 weeks I’ve lost 12.5lbs and 5% of my body weight. I’m really pleased with how easy I’m finding it.
If we were having coffee… I’d tell you that I went for a coffee with Sarette who runs Woofs with Wilson. We went to The Pump House in Gosport. I’d heard of it, but I’d never been before. It was so lovely. It’s in an old pump house, as the name suggests, and is small but perfectly formed inside with outdoor seating too. As we arrived early, we sat inside and had a lovely natter with Heather the owner. I had a flat white and a slice, well I say a slice, it was more like a slab of coffee and walnut cake. It was delicious and hand made in house!
If we were having coffee…I’d tell you that after going for coffee Sarette asked me if I’d like to join her on a walk with Wilson! Honestly, I didn’t need asking twice! It was a big fat yes please. We went for a lovely walk at Stokes Bay and once again I was shown paths I didn’t know existed and how they linked to places I did know. I wish I’d tracked the walk on my watch but I reckon we walked around 1.5-2 miles. We walked on trails and shingle and my injury was absolutely fine!
If we were having coffee…I’d tell you I went on a walk with Maria from work. We walked along Stokes Bay up to the Gilkicker fort and back. It was 2.8 miles so almost a parkrun and again was absolutely pain free. It was a chatty pace though so perhaps not quick enough for a parkrun just yet. We had a good old natter and then went for a coffee afterwards.
That now brings me pretty much up to date with everything that’s been happening. Hopefully as I return to exercise I’ll have a little more to blog about. Fingers crossed I’ll be able to run some time in the future!