I’ve had this post in the making for a long time and actually can’t remember where I found it! I know that’s committing some sort of blogger sin! But anyway, on to the tag.
1. Do you have a specific place at home to read in?
I tend to read in the bath or in bed. Sometimes I’ll go in the bath just to read my book for an hour haha I try to read every night before bed.
2. Where do you like to read?
In the bath.
3. Do you use a bookmark or piece of paper?
If I’m reading an actual physical book (quite rare these days) then I use a bookmark.
4. Can you just stop reading or do you have to get to the end of the chapter?
I prefer to get to the end of a chapter. When reading on my Kindle it tells you in minutes how long a chapter will be. If I don’t think I can stay awake that long, then I won’t bother starting.
5. Do you eat or drink whilst reading?
6. E-reader or real book?
Both have their advantages. I like that you can take lots of books anywhere with you on a Kindle. However, there are certain books I think need to be real books e.g. autobiographies with pictures in or large coffee table books
7. Music or television whilst reading?
I’ll have music on whilst I read but it tends to be classical otherwise I end up singing along and not actually reading.
8. One book at a time or several?
One at a time otherwise I’d just get confused.
9. Read at home or everywhere?
I tend to only read at home but I’ll take my Kindle on holiday or on long drives or if I know I might be waiting somewhere a while e.g. doctor’s surgery.
10. Reading aloud or silently?
11. Fiction or non-fiction?
I tend to read a lot of fiction. The only non-fiction I tend to read is auto biographies, although I haven’t read one of those in a long time.
12. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
13. Break the spine or keep the book like new?
I don’t break the spine intentionally but they do end up breaking when you read books, especially thicker books.
14. Do you write in books?
15. What is your favourite book?
Tricky! I really enjoyed The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen which I read last summer. The Harry Potter books will always be favourites too.
16. Do you buy books new or second-hand?
I tend to just buy for my Kindle so obviously they’re new but I have bought lots of books from charity shops.